Website Bridgestone South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Bridgestone SA is a unit of the world's No.1 tyre manufacturer*. Leading the way in this new millennium, Bridgestone develops leading technology to keep us at the top of our industry, providing our customers with innovative, quality products.
Manages the portfolio throughout the product lifecycle. Owner of the New product development process. Key support to Brand, Retail and Sales department for Product launches in the market. Seeks out consumer insights and market trends as a base for driving locally relevant portfolio.
New Product Development
- Accountable for product lifecycle, in-out plan, business cases for new items and profitably study based on strategic plan of Product Planning Manager and Consumer Head.
- Coordinate end to end product launch with relevant internal functions (Sales, FE, LSCM, Finance, Marketing) and external (TC, EMEA HQ).
- Responsible for new product introduction plan, support in implementation and post launch evaluation.
- Accountable for long term Portfolio development, individual product care analysis.
- Ensures Bridgestone line-up stays competitive, in line with market trends and strategic priorities set up by Product Planning Manager and Consumer Head.
- Key focus on product performance, profitability and integration with solution business approach.
- Contributes to the MTP with bottom up planning, based on input from management.
- Participate in portfolio performance versus planned volumes and start of manufacturing.
- Create sales argumentation materials for each product in cooperation with trade marketing specialist consumer, including competitive analysis
- Communicates with BSEU and BSJ, provides input for pricing manager aligned with Product Planning Manager and Consumer Head.
- Close collaboration with LSCM, Sales and Finance during monthly Ordering process, OB, MTP process and daily work.
Market Intelligence and Reporting
- Consumer understanding and ongoing monitoring to keep in touch with market trends and competitor movements.
- Monitoring databases to establish demand trends and influences.
- Gather, collate and distribute market information on product.
- Develop product database used to identify discontinued products, alternative products and new size.
Education and experience:
- Degree (Marketing or Economics)
- At least six years’ experience in product management
- Able to work in a fast paced environment requiring daily decision making
- Strong business acumen with strategic analysis (Internal and external) and business modelling skills
- Competitor analysis and market reviews
- Must be highly proficient in MS Excel
- Data and platform integration
- At least 6 years’ experience in product management
- Industry experience (Beneficial)
- SAP Experience.