Website University of Pretoria/Universiteit van Pretoria
The University of Pretoria is a multi-faculty research-intensive university that has remained among the top South African universities in research output and impact. UP is also the top producer of graduates in the country.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Identification of the current and future information needs of clients;
- Delivering an effective information service to departments/clients;
- Performing daily front desk duties;
- Marketing of information products and services;
- Providing Law Library training classes for undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Positively supporting learning, teaching and research activities of the relevant client groups;
- Facilitating the information access process;
- Maintaining and managing the Law Library collection;
- Maintaining the Law Library webpage;
- Cataloguing and classifying;
- Facilitating interlibrary loans and ordering of books;
- Participating in organisational initiatives/projects.
- A four-year library degree (e.g B.Bibl, a B. degree with PG Dip.LIS or B.Inf (Hons)) PLUS two years’ experience in a Law Library as an Information Specialist; OR
- A three-year library degree (e.g BIS), PLUS three years’ experience in a Law Library of which two years were as an Information Specialist;
Required Competencies (skills, Knowledge And Behavioural Attributes)
- Knowledge or experience in the research process;
- Knowledge of research impact metrics;
- Knowledge or experience in the subject fields of Law;
- Good outreach and communication skills;
- Legal requirements with regard to information distribution and information media;
- Information organization methods/packages/tools;
- Interviewing skills;
- Training skills;
- Overview of research dissemination platforms.
Added Advantages And Preferences
- A qualification in Law.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In Applying For This Post, Please Attach
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 29 November 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Gojiwe Malobola, Tel: (012) 420 3122 for application-related enquiries and Ms Audrey Lenoge, Tel: (012) 420 6737 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.