Website PwC South Africa
At PwC South Africa, helping you achieve your goals is at the heart of what we do. Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. By listening to you and understanding your vision, we can help you overcome the challenges you face. Whether you are a large global organisation, a government body or a family-owned private business, we have the experience and expertise to help you.
Job Description & Summary
A career within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You’ll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company’s balance sheet or you could be revising businesses’ projections and making sure they have adequate reserves.To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
– Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
– Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
– Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
– Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
– Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
– Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
– Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
– Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
– Focus on building trusted relationships.
– Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
To assist with Life insurance and Risk assurance and consulting assignments
The principle accountabilities will be:
Management of consulting engagements
Managing and forming part of multi-disciplinary project teams
Researching and staying up to date with changes in the regulations and landscape of specified field and how it affects our clients
Responsible for technical content of audit or consulting engagements
Assist with new business development
Mentor internal teams
New qualified or nearly qualified
Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in life insurance, or Risk space
Ability to build and develop client relationships
Aptitude for developing and managing teams
Excellent people skills
Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
Strong communication skills – written and oral
Flexibility to work on a wide range of projects
Open to local travel
Modelling skills will be an advantage